Monday, March 1, 2010

Sun & Snow

The past few days of sunshine and 30+ degree temps have been therapy for the soul.  I'm always glad when it says "March" on the calendar but always disappointed it isn't instantly spring.  As much as I'm yearning for green grass and trees and flowers again, spring has to come slowly now that flooding is a valid concern.  So for now I'm just content with the hint of warmth on my face and the drip, drip, drip of slow and steady melting snow. 

To take advantage of the nicer weather, Emily & I have spent at least 30 minutes playing outside for the last three days.  I'm pretty proud of the snow tunnel I dug through the tall bank along the driveway.  Emily can crawl through it.  I call this photo "Light at the End of the Tunnel" :o)


Emily has had a blast climbing up and sliding down the "mountains" along the side of the driveway and hauling the stuffed snowman around in the sled.  She also threw ice chunks in pool of water along the curb and putzed in the snow and water until she was soaked from the knees and elbows down (another letting-go).  She continually begs to build a snowman.  I think tomorrow might be perfect conditions.  I guess we'll find out how deep the snow really is in the yard!

So what do you do after a fun outing in the snow?  You enjoy the perfect snack--a microwave s'more made with chocolate chips and a large strawberry marshmallow accompanied by a steaming cup of mocha cappuccino. :o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just happened upon your blog with the "next blog" feature. I LOVE the snow pictures! I grew up in Wisconsin, and have been in the South for about 17 yeras now. I miss snow! Thanks for sharing :-)