Monday, February 8, 2010

Pretty walls

Yesterday afternoon Austin & I were both getting some computer work done while Lincoln was napping and Emily was playing quietly in her room.  After a while Emily came down the stairs and declared, "My walls are pretty!"  Given her recent interest in all things drawing, I thought I better go investigate.  Thankfully, I did not find marker, crayon, paint or any other disasterous mediums.  Instead, Emily had discovered the hidden stash of wall decals that match her bedding set in the top drawer in her closet.  She had taken it upon herself to add a personal touch to her wall decor.  These stickers peel off easily and don't leave too much paint damage, so it's perfectly okay if she decides to rearrange them once in awhile.  Phew!

Fashion note:  With her two favorite dresses in the wash, Emily also discovered the cute collection of corduroy jumper dresses we inherited from a friend.  I'm having a hard time convincing her that you're supposed to wear a shirt under the dress, though.  She was wearing one when we went to church under a pink flower jumper.  And yes, she was also wearing the polka-dot tights that are really one size too big and sag around her ankles.  In fact, she wore them again today along with at least 4 different dresses from her closet.  She ditched them this afternoon, though, and exchanged them for jeans.  I had to do a double-take.  I don't know the last time she wore jeans.  Then I remembered one of the reasons why when she had an accident. :op

2 comments:

Heather's Henhouse said...

Love the fashion statment.. I suppose like everything else, kids have to learn to do things, that includes learning about style. Have fun!

cobo said...

She's a little bit "flashdance" in this picture and will love all these fashion choices later in life! It would be hard not to tackle her and try to get a ponytail in, though--she looks so cute with her hair up. But I know it's a "choose your battles" thing.