Friday, February 26, 2010

Play-doh let-go

Being the meticulous firstborn I am (see previous post), one phobia I have regarding Play-Doh is mixing different colors until they are impossible to separate.  Although I acquired a large Play-Doh collection at a garage sale once, I rarely get it out and usually only under close supervision with limited color choices at one time.  However, today I chose to let go.  I opened five different containers for Emily and let her do whatever she wanted.  This was the inevitable result...


She proudly carried her "tree with a bird in it" around the whole house--which of course meant picking up little bits that fell off all over the house.  I picked apart and separated as much as I could when it was time to clean up, but we have a new color container now.  It was worth it, though, because Emily entertained herself for over an hour while Lincoln napped and I got a lot of food prep done in the kitchen.  Can't beat that!

1 comment:

Heather's Henhouse said...

Very cute picture of Emily.. she looks like a little angel!