Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Art by Emily

Emily surprised me with some advanced drawing skills this afternoon.  Before this I had really only observed scribbles, solid coloring, or the occasional wobbly circle.  She has spent a lot of time lately playing with her coloring box and the Magna-doodle, as well as listening to stories from a new children's Bible on CD.  This was the result!  You can watch the video for the explanation of her drawings.

 
Garden [of Eden] with a snake

"Tippy boat" (i.e. Jesus calms the storm)


P.S.  Yes, she was back in the Christmas dress by this point in the day.  And what's going on with her funky bang hair-do?  I attempted to cut her bangs dry a couple weeks ago by bribing her with a video or something.  They need more help than I can give them.  It doesn't help that Emily insists on just sticking her headbands on top of her head resulting in a hippy-like hair-do.  If I try to place it correctly with her hair tucked behind her ears she just rips it out and slams it back on her way.  Double sigh.

1 comment:

Julie Ulven said...

Catching up as usual. I love watching the drawings develop. Mieke calls the snake in Genesis "a very BAD snake!" We love the Jesus Story Book. Have to tell you a funny story later about it. I have been keeping track of the number of days with the red dresses. At least you have less laundry to do. I love the dresses on George!