Monday, January 12, 2009

Doggie Diet

I finally made it to the vet this past week for Cheney's annual exam and shots. He is in relatively good health and doesn't look overweight, but the vet said he'd really like to see Cheney lose up to 10 lbs. to prevent arthritis problems as he continues to grow older (He's 85 lbs. now). So Cheney is now the only household member to officially be on a diet for the new year. It will help now that Austin has started walking him 4 days a week again. That kind of went by the wayside during the campaign and the first part of the winter. Oh yeah--Emily only went through parts of 5 Dum-Dum suckers during the 30 min. we were actually at the vet office.

Also, just a quick note that after taking a week off to regroup I have begun another round of intense potty training with a slightly different strategy. The last day and a half have been quite the adventure. Although we haven't made much progress in the actually pottying department, I have definitely established the upper hand as to who is the boss about that and other things. That is a victory in and of itself. Hopefully, I'll have a positive update at the end of the month!

1 comment:

Heather's Henhouse said...

Go Austin with walking Cheney in this cold weather. I used to take Wendell and Buster walking on a regular basis but it's just too cold or icy so Buster's kind of getting stuck inside a lot.

I hope the potty training gets better. You're starting to scare me for Wendell. Maybe by then you can give me some good tips to make it go easier. We have awhile before we start that journey but it'll be here soon enough. I'll say a little prayer for both of you!