Friday, January 30, 2009

27 months old

Emily is 27 months old today! She loves to sing songs--particularly "ABC's", "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and "Jesus Loves Me". It's also funny listening to her try to spit out the words to "I am a Promise." She got a book/CD combo from Great-Grandma Boote for Christmas and tries to sing along. She also definitely knows her colors, although she gets black/brown mixed up once in awhile.

Since Emily seems to have a knack for memorizing books, we've been working on memorizing a Bible verse. Our church is currently studying the "Jesus Creed" from Mark 12:29-31, so that's what we have been practicing. Emily had it down in a week or two (and I have lots of witnesses!), but it's going to take another week or two to catch it on video. I tried bribing her with Gummy Bears this afternoon, but only got part of it. I used up all my bribery power for the picture. ;o)

Besides the light shenanigans mentioned in the previous post Emily has also rediscovered Cheney's water dish. The other day I caught her with all her play dishes set up around it on the floor and dipping out "drinks" in the cups. I think she even took a sip. :op So I moved Cheney's water dish up onto the counter. That is no match for a determined toddler with a set of mini folding chairs. She just moved the party up to a higher level. I made her clean up all the spilled water twice and (horrors!) made her keep wearing the shirt she had gotten wet. I don't have another place to put the dish, so I've just been filling it 1/4 full at a time when she's probably not going to be around for awhile and she hasn't touched it in a couple days. Let's hope she learned her lesson with that one!

Besides getting into things, some of Emily's other current favorite activities include making "brest-beck" (breakfast) with her play kitchen/food, sorting pieces of the Cootie game, listening to Curious George CD's, watching Dr. Suess or VeggieTales "bideos" (videos) while Mommy naps and putting on ChapStick. Yes, she is a girl after her parents' hearts and she has it down! :o)

The January video player is posted below, but may have a few more additions depending on my luck with the Bible verse. The Winkflash pictures should be up shortly.

No comments: