Thursday, June 28, 2012

Swimming lessons

We completed another bucket list item this week--swimming lessons.  I believe swimming lessons are a necessary childhood rite of passage even though I dreaded them growing up.  This summer Emily was in the Preschool II class.  She did great and got very positive feedback from her teachers.  Based on past experience, it may have helped that I bribed her with a new "Emily" engine if she listened, participated and passed the class.  ;o)

I specifically picked a class time for Emily that coincided with a parent/toddler class that Lincoln & I could take together.  I wasn't expecting to learn a whole lot, but it was something to do other than dragging Lincoln to the observation area during Emily's lessons kicking & screaming, "I want to swim, too!!"  Plus, it was a cheap way to be able to go swimming eight times as well as get Lincoln more comfortable in the water.  Lincoln had fun and did okay, although he didn't ever want to blow bubbles or put his face in.  He has to work on keeping his mouth closed and not smiling/laughing so much!  He also chickened out going down the water slide on the last day.  I was ready to be done after the third day.  I guess things haven't changed much. :o)

No comments: