Thursday, December 15, 2011

Heart-warming Christmas cards

Today Emily decided to make some Christmas cards for people using some old ones I had in a box.  It's very interesting what can come out when a kid starts drawing pictures!  Here is the card she made for Austin.  It's a picture of him coming into her room in the morning to wake her up.  How sweet!


Here's the card she made for me:


Here's the backstory: There is a CD player up on a shelf in the living room that we often use to play kids' music.  Sometimes I put it down lower so Emily can push the buttons to find the specific songs she wants to listen to.  Lincoln just likes to push buttons.  (You can already guess where this is going.)  This morning they begged for music.  I told them I would put it down low as long as they didn't fight over it.  Of course, that lasted less than three minutes.  This picture is Emily's version of what happened next.  I'm shaking my finger saying, "No, No, No!" while Emily is teasing Lincoln saying, "You're neeeever going to get it!"  Nice.

No comments: