Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fun in (a little) snow

We received a light dusting of snow overnight.  The kids were super excited, and the weather was nice, so we ate an early lunch and bundled up to go outside before it completely melted away.  I was a little nervous about getting Lincoln bundled up since thus far he has refused to put on his actual winter coat, snowpants, boots or mittens.  This is how he thought he was going to go outside:


Emily bundled right up almost completely by herself.  After watching his big sister walk out the door, Lincoln decided he could get dressed, too. (Minus mittens)  The kids got out the shovel and brooms to clean off the grass and back deck.  Emily asked if we could make a big snow pile with the snow from the deck.


They both wanted to make a snowman.  However, with the snow disappearing fast and limited packing ability, this is the best I could come up with. (Yes, I'm holding it in my hand.)


After half an hour Emily got cold and went inside.  Lincoln decided it was cold enough to put on mittens.  However, he soon discovered that mittens can really hamper your efforts to play T-ball, especially when you can't get your thumbs in the thumb holes.  I ended up hitting the ball while he retrieved it.


 Next, Lincoln tried out his tractor/wagon and sidewalk chalk (and ditched the mittens again).


Then he got out the lawn mower.  I am not sure what he is trying to accomplish by the tree.



After an hour I declared it to be nap time.  I put my feet up by the fireplace just like my dad. :o)



No comments: