Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Decorations

I am a "no Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving" person.  I am also not a Black Friday shopper.  The day after Thanksgiving is for decorating!  This year we had to hold off on the tree and mantel decorations until the living project was done.  Here are some pictures of Christmas from around our house...

I love having an artificial tree that you can store in the basement with a sheet on top and pull it out all put together and fully lit each year.  I let Emily decorate the whole tree all by herself (minus the lights and bow on top).  I also got a foam ornament kit to keep her busy and to add to the collection of unbreakable ornaments.  She was pretty proud of her work!


I'm still trying to decide whether or not to wrap some gifts to place under the tree or just wait until the day they are going to be opened like I have in the past.


I have dreams someday of putting up my snow village again and having a blue & silver themed tree in the foyer, but for now the Little People Nativity set will suffice.






The Jesse Tree is one of the highlights of Advent/Christmas for Emily.  She can hardly wait until after supper to hang up the next ornament.  Luckily, Lincoln isn't fighting her to do it yet.

Emily also made a new "Mommy" and "Emily" person with a Christmas tree instead of a turkey on the shirt.  However, she was quick to point out that we're both wearing sandals.  I told you she was in denial about winter!

No comments: