Saturday, December 31, 2011

Cookie balls

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, and we didn't already have enough sugar-laden items gracing the counter and stuffed in the freezer, I decided to make cookie ball pops for our New Year's Eve party.  I tried chocolate peanut butter and mint Oreo.  It wasn't nearly as neat and easy as they made it look in the magazine or the YouTube video.  However, Emily had a lot of fun decorating with some fun items I picked up from the cake decorating section at Wal-Mart.  We did stick lollipop sticks in after they had hardened (because they kept falling out while trying to dip), but I didn't take any pictures. 
 



The hilarious thing is that when we arrived at the potluck party, I discovered that my dear friend, Kathryn, had also agreed to make a dessert and decided to bring...cake ball pops!  Hers looked WAAAY better than ours, and I found out a lot of tricks and tips from her.  I obviously watched the wrong YouTube video!   Here's her final product:


The good thing is that they all tasted good. :o)

No comments: