Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas cookies

After once telling Austin that "I don't do cut-out cookies," Christmas wouldn't be the same without them! :o)  I specifically planned to make them during Lincoln's nap time.  Emily has become a fun cookie-making partner, but I'm not sure I'm ready for Lincoln yet.  Don't feel bad for him, though.  He "helped" mix up the dough in the morning while Emily was at preschool and got to lick the beaters (his favorite part of baking with me).













Emily & I got fancy this time and made a small cup of black frosting to use for faces.  Emily practiced using a toothpick.  We each made a large gingerbread person (do you still call it "gingerbread" when it's really a sugar cookie?)  I love Emily's attitude.  When I broke off the head and one arm of the boy I made for Lincoln trying to get it off the pan, she said, "It's okay, Mom, it will still taste the same."
We were pretty proud of the final product.  And yes, Emily changed into a short-sleeved shirt, skort, socks and white dress sandals while decorating because she "didn't want to get my long-sleeves dirty."  Mmm-hmm.


1 comment:

cobo said...

Love the cookies? Sounds like Sue and I might decorate a few on Friday.