Saturday, April 23, 2011

Family & Friends

We all packed up and headed down to Des Moines today.  All of Austin's family was there.  We got to meet our new niece/cousin, Macy.  Lincoln was pretty curious about the "baby".  Emily was in awe of holding her.




The cousins had a short egg hunt in the front yard (it was chilly!!).  Emily decidedly determined that she does NOT like black jellybeans.  I don't either.  :op  Good thing Daddy does!




We attempted to get a picture of all the grandkids.  Not bad!


I was able to sneak away for a few hours in the afternoon to attend a bridal shower for my best friend from JH/HS/College, Angie D.  I was also excited that my newly-married friend, Sarah, was there.  We giggled and caught up on things in the corner most of the time. [Note: The wall clock makes it look like Angie has a halo.  This is somewhat amusing to me. :o)]
 

1 comment:

cobo said...

LOVE the picture of Emily holding Macy! So cute! Sounds like you had a great time with Angie and Sarah too!

My "word verification" = "inchi"
Emily definition: the amount of space Lincoln needs to move over so he does not violate her personal space.