Monday, April 18, 2011

Excused absence

I have been absent from the blogging world for awhile (6 days is a long time for me).  After the beautiful beginning, the rest of last week was very long and frustrating at times.  Austin ended up being gone for 4 1/2 days after his return flight got canceled, and he didn't arrive home until noon on Saturday.  Both kids had coughs and runny noses.  I was up with one or both of them every night.  The weather stunk (rain, terrible wind and even 1/2" of snow on Saturday morning).  The dirt guy didn't show up.  The replacement toilet bowl didn't come, but a new (second) tank did.  The kids didn't eat well whether it was leftovers (for the fifth time) or I made something new.  I actually called my mom to apologize for all those times I complained about what she cooked and then refused to eat it when I was growing up.  After a minor emotional breakdown on Saturday I went to bed at 8:30pm.

Now it is a new week.  Austin has left for 2 1/2 days again but is taking Thursday & Friday off from work.  The new toilet bowl showed up today.  The dirt guy said they'd be here first thing in the morning.  The kids are feeling and eating better (sort of).  I had the best dental check-up ever--quick & painless with no cavities and no concerns (i.e. no "watch" areas) and no payment because we have dental insurance for the first time ever. :o)  I also finally found some fabric for the backs of the curtains I'm planning to make for the breakfast nook.  It only took a year since I bought the initial fabric.  Maybe by next winter I'll get around to sewing them together! :op

The weather forecast is still utterly depressing, especially since we were planning on doing a lot of outdoor work this weekend, but otherwise things are looking up! :o)

No comments: