Monday, November 30, 2009

Quotes of the month by Emily


Instead of a developmental update, I bring you a sampling of Emily's quotes from the month of November...

"Would you like milk, iced tea, lemonade or kinds of pop?" --Emily asking herself what she'd like to drink by repeating what I always offer to guests

"How's it going for you, Daddy?"--a constant question asked while Austin is doing home improvement projects

"I think I'm getting old, Emily"--Austin after spending two days crawling around in the attic and tearing down wallpaper

"I know, Daddy."--Emily's response

"My froat is being difficult. I fink it's broken."--Emily's analysis when she woke up with a sore throat one morning

"I hafta change these pants. They're dangerous."--Emily's excuse when she doesn't want to wear a particular pair of pants anymore

"Lincoln is a Mister Drooly."--true statement, repeating what Aunt Courtney said

"I hafta hear the empty-all gone sound."--the sound made when her straw drink cup is empty, appropriately named by Grandma Boote

"My bottom is making a funny loud noise."--ah, yes, becoming more aware of bodily functions

"I'm not a 'he'--I'm a 'she'"--Emily's correct conclusion after spending a lot of time this month pondering gender differences in people and working on gender pronouns

"Yeah, since that milk thing didn't work out."--mimicking what I said after another milk spilling incident

"What's that supposed to be?"--in a sarcastic tone, often replacing "What's that?"

"I CAAAN'T"--Emily's whiny response to anything she doesn't want to do

The Winkflash pictures are updated and the November video player is below. Also, the "Growing" slideshows at the bottom have been updated. :o)


1 comment:

Sarah Craft said...

Emily is such a crack-up!!