Monday, March 17, 2008

Ucky pants and crayons...

Sometimes motherhood just makes you laugh! This afternoon Emily woke up fussing after only one hour of napping. When I opened the door she was standing in her crib wearing only a diaper and a short-sleeved t-shirt and saying, "Ucky!" Sure enough, she had a massive dirty diaper--the 5th one of the day. (I'm not kidding on that. She actually had 6 total today. Six!) In her protest she had managed to remove her socks, pants, and sweater that had 3 out of the 4 buttons still buttoned. Silly goose!

One rainy day activity today was an attempt to "color" some Easter pictures to mail to family. We sat down with an 8-pack of jumbo crayons, but our only real accomplishment was losing the blue one, breaking two others and Emily taking a big chomp out of the purple one resulting in me having to dig around in her tooth-filled mouth. I was very surprised at her taste-testing experiment because she rarely, if ever, has put anything other than food in her mouth in months. Oh well. I guess we'll wait awhile before we try that activity again!

2 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

Those are very funny stories...made me laugh:). Hope you have a nice Easter with your family:).

Adam & Brandi said...

I like your new addition of the slideshow on the side....very cute pictures:).