Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back to the park

Because it was a decent day yesterday Emily & I ventured to the park for the first time this year. Emily LOVED it and giggled the whole time she was in the swing. She also discovered a cool new thing--slides. I'm pretty sure she went down 20 times. She was proud because she could pretty well step up the steps holding on to the railing instead of crawling up on hands and knees. Her slide of choice was the small tube slide. I only went down once with her (not my favorite and definitely not built for adults). The rest of the time I reached out holding her half way down and let her go herself the last couple feet. The whole time she was yelling, "Sigh!" (slide) and "Whee!" She also enjoyed just running "fast" (or more like clunking in her boots) around the tennis courts. I have a feeling we will be spending many more hours at the park this summer. Luckily, there are 3 different parks in town with equipment plus 2 school playgrounds, all of which are within a 1/2 mile walk. :o)

No comments: