Monday, March 31, 2008

17 months old


Emily is now 17 months old and growing up faster than ever. She is in the repetition stage of language development, so we often hear ourselves talking back to us. For instance, Emily hears me say, "Cheney, no!" or "Cheney, stop!" when I'm trying to get the leash on to go outside. So I hear "Cheeny, no" when he gets too close to her food on the table and "Stop!" when I'm trying to wash her face after eating. She also walks around saying "Shoot" if she hears me say it at all. My favorite new word is "snuggle" and when she asks for a "hug". :o)

As you may have already noticed, I have added a couple new features to our blog site:

  • On the left is a slide show of some of my favorite pictures in reverse chronological order. I will try to keep adding to them. Click on the picture to manually control the slide show.
  • At the bottom is another slide show of all of Emily's portrait and monthly "growing" pictures. Click on the arrow to play the slide show and watch her grow!
  • Displayed on the left is the current book Austin & I are each reading as well as Emily's current favorite book.
Our pictures are updated on Winkflash through the end of the month and the March video player is posted below. Check out Emily helping me "dust". ;o)


1 comment:

Adam & Brandi said...

Adorable picture...she looks good in pink! Glad to hear she is doing well, and I'm jealous she can ask for a "hug." Take care!