Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More signs of spring...

  1. I got my annual spring chop-off haircut (slightly above shoulder-length).
  2. After chipping away at some stubborn ice/snow along the stepping stones, I noticed that most of my tulips and daffodils are popping up in the front landscaping. Some are several inches tall already. Hopefully they won't all freeze off again and/or be stunted like last year!
  3. Our neighbors finally got the last of their Christmas lawn ornaments put away. They are totally not the red-necked type that would leave their Christmas decorations up all year, but they have been iced to the ground since the first weekend of December. I joked with them that this was a bad year to add 5 blow-ups to their display!

It's too bad they're predicting rain/snow for the next day or two. I have high hopes that when the calendar turns to April next week it will definitely decide to be spring!

No comments: