Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving with family

We were lucky enough to see almost everyone on both sides of the family in NW Iowa over Thanksgiving.  We ate our Thanksgiving meal with my parents with my sisters joining us at night.  The cousins had a lot of fun being monkeys jumping on the bed.


We spent most of the day in LeMars on Friday visiting Austin's grandmas and other family members, including an aunt and cousin from Colorado we don't see very often.  We enjoyed a trip to the Wells Blue Bunny ice cream parlor!


One of the most special events for me was a gathering of almost everyone on my mom's side of the family with my Grandpa Vander Kooi at the nursing home.  I don't know the last time that many of us have been together.  My 93-year-old grandpa has been going downhill as of late, so this was a bittersweet time.
Our family
My mom's family
The extended Vander Kooi family minus two cousins with spouses and three great-grandchildren

No comments: