Monday, August 19, 2013

4 years + 3 months


Lincoln's chattering and expressions are quite a source of entertainment sometimes.  This month's favorite phrase was, "Can you remind me to _____?"  Like, "Can you remind me to watch Thomas tomorrow?" or "Can you remind me to get some fruit snacks?"  I'm guessing he's heard that around here a few times. ;o)  He also talks about "cancelling" the bad guys.  He doesn't shoot or kill them.  He cancels them.  I can live with that!

It has been fun to see and hear Lincoln begin to recognize some phonic sounds and make connections between letters and their sounds.  He is becoming quite interested in what letter words start with.

This month we're down to almost no milk at all.  This is so frustrating for a mom who grew up with a dairy farm!  Right now I'm bribing Lincoln to drink small juice glasses (maybe 3 oz.) of chocolate milk with these disgusting strawberry mallow things he talked me into buying at Kmart.  Blech!  But whatever works at this point.

Parmesan cheese is another story.  The kid is in love with it and has been experimenting on different foods.  Here he is with a pile on top of his second love: watermelon. :op

The beginning of school has meant the return of Lincoln's favorite playmate, Owen.  I will be watching Owen and his sister, Ellie (in 4th grade) until 4:45pm on Mondays and Wednesdays during the school year.  Owen & Lincoln will be in the same preschool class, and I will pick both of them up at 11:30am.  They don't start until after Labor Day, so we'll have full days until then.  Here there are on one of the first days with a block city.


No comments: