Friday, June 24, 2011

A pretty perfect birthday

Friday was my 31st birthday.  I can definitely see how birthdays tend to get less exciting the older you get.  ;o)  However, it was a pretty perfect day.  The kids & I hosted a playdate with a bunch of our friends.  There were a total of five moms and nine kids playing in the morning and eating lunch on the deck.  We got out the bouncy house and almost all the toys.  It was so much fun to be able to share our nice yard!  The weather was absolutely perfect for a picnic.  I didn't get great pictures because I was too busy enjoying myself. :o)

*lunch pictures courtesy of my friend, Julie


After everyone left and Lincoln was napping I got to take a nap, too.  Yay!  Later on the kids & I walked to the castle park.  On the way we made a little stop where I was able to finally meet and visit with the 95-year-old gentleman who lives two houses down on our block.  His name is Woody, and he has lived in that house since 1958.  He's a character and I hope to stop and visit with him more when he's sitting outside again sometime.

Austin & I had reservations at the Water Street Grill in Waverly for dinner.  I have heard nothing but good things about it and was really excited to try it.  Austin & I were both impressed to have something so nice yet so reasonable in Waverly.  We highly recommend it!  Since we both ate too much, and it was such a beautiful evening, we took a looping walk around the river and downtown while the sun set in beautiful purples and oranges.

1 comment:

Sarah Craft said...

Your yard is beautiful! And it would be even more peaceful if you were to remove all the wild kids! Happy birthday!