Friday, June 24, 2011

Birthday present

Austin & I don't do birthday presents for each other, but one of the things Emily wrote on the summer bucket list was to "mack a present".  She worked really hard on it last week and hid it in her art cart until today.  Here's what she gave me:


It's a VeggieTales comic strip.  The first panel is Bob & Larry saying, "Hi Kids! I'm Bob the Tomdo." and "& I'm Larry the Cucumber" only Emily said she didn't know how to spell cucumber, so she just put "Qubr."  The second panel is Bob being startled when Larry says, "Back there!"  I LOVE the facial expressions.  The third panel is Larry & Bob with Qwerty, the computer (although Emily calls it "Courtney").  The last panel is them saying good-bye at the end.

I'm thinking this was inspired by the many hours of VeggieTales viewing that has taken place in the van over the last month.  It also probably had to do with the VeggieTales MOPS stickers I recently got in the mail.  This is the back of the paper.  Apparently, I'm not allowed to recycle this like most of Emily's papers. ;o)  She told me it was a bookmark. 

1 comment:

Julie Ulven said...

Wunderkind! I think that is a keeper Megan. Put it in the "SAVE" box.