Saturday, May 7, 2011

Planting

It has been a super busy week at the Lorenzen house/yard with a LOT of time spent outside digging in the dirt.  On Tuesday I wielded a garden tiller (or more accurately--the garden tiller wielded me).  Emily helped me plant the garden on Wednesday.  The front landscaping got planted on Thursday.  Dirt was moved and flowers were planted on Friday.  The back landscaping was planted and mulch was spread on Saturday.  There is a lot of sweat equity invested in our yard, but I think it's looking great!  Here are some photo highlights...

Emily was all about digging holes--as long as she didn't get too dirty.
Watering was her favorite job.
I found a goldfish plant just like the one my Grandma Boote gave me when I was growing up.  Emily is super excited to have it in her room. 


Lincoln was ready to dig right in.
Lincoln loved watering, too.  He asked for "moh ah-toh" (more water) over and over.
We ran out of room in the main garden, so we decided to plant beans in these fun pots.
Emily helped pound in the landscape fabric spikes.

The backyard

The front yard
We still have to put some edging in sometime, but the main planting and mulching is done.  We ended up with a row of raspberry bushes, two blueberry bushes and rhubarb around the garden.  In the garden we planted sweet corn, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, beans, marigolds and zinnias.  It will be fun to see what comes up and/or survives.  Emily checks every morning to see if anything grew. :o)  We'll post updated pictures throughout the season.

2 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

Looks great! Planting season is my favorite time of year! I hope to get to it at my house soon, too.

Heather's Henhouse said...

This outdoor stuff is a lot of work, but also very rewarding. It looks great! What's planted in the garden?