Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 2

Day 2 at my parents' house had no particular plan, and it was a great day.  Everyone slept in.  Lincoln took a 4.5 hour nap in the afternoon.  I spent 2 hours mowing and trimming the yard.  We tried to identify new birds at my parents' bird feeders.  Emily played board games with anyone who would sit down with her, and when no one would, she played them with herself.  She beat me at Monopoly Jr. (which she calls mo-po-ly).  It was one of my favorite games growing up.  One of Lincoln's favorite places to play has been under the dining table in the sun room.  I guess it makes for good pretend roads. :o)


Emily got to check off an item on the summer bucket list by going golfing with Uncle Wade & Auntie Abbie.  She made it through 7 holes.  She said her favorite part was driving the golf cart all crazy.  I can only imagine!  Can you tell that Uncle Wade is Emily's hero?!?

I ended the day with a good soak in the hot tub on the back deck while the sun set over the freshly mowed lawn.  It would have been completely perfect if it hadn't been for the swarm of the mosquitoes hovering just above my head the whole time.  But life is good--especially when you're on a mommy vacation. :o)

1 comment:

J-D-K-G said...

The hot tub sounds heavenly Megan-minus the mosquitos! Glad you are enjoying your time with family. How fun for you guys!