Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Retirement!

After 30 years of working in the schools as a Speech-Language Pathologist and Early Literacy Interventionist, my mom is officially retiring.  Yesterday was her last day with kids, and after a couple more days of finishing up paperwork (it's a sad commentary on the current state of the educational system when you have to spend more time filling out paperwork than actually working with kids) she will be done.  We are especially excited because that means more possibilities for her to come visit us or us visit her during the middle of the week!  My sisters put together a nice surprise retirement party for her at school.  Some pictures are below...


I am so proud of my mom for all her years of hard work helping kids and their families.  I know she made a huge difference in a lot of lives.  It was definitely stressful and frustrating for her at times, but I know there were a lot of victories, too.  She will be greatly missed!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks, Megan!