Saturday, December 19, 2009

7 months old

Lincoln is 7 months old today. He weighed in just shy of 17 pounds. He must have gone through a quick growth spurt recently because all of the sudden one day last week none of his remaining 6 month clothes fit. His hair is also filling in nicely on the sides, so he isn't really sporting a mohawk look anymore. The new hair is lighter even though it looks dark in the picture. It's funny because you can see a distinct line in the longer hair on top where the dark baby hair color ends and the lighter infant color hair begins.

Lincoln can almost sit up unassisted now. He still needs some supervision to prevent major face plants when he leans too far or gets too excited. Lincoln is also quickly increasing his reach and range. He happily rolls both directions and pivots on his belly. He can even sometimes push himself backwards on a hard surface. I caught him up on his hands and knees once this week. It won't be too long!

One of Lincoln's major goals in life right now is to catch the teddy bears on the mobile above his crib. He reaches for them whenever I pick him up or lay him down. Sometimes I hold him standing up in his crib and let him play with them for awhile. Lincoln also loves standing up along the bathtub during Emily's bath time. I wouldn't mind starting to do baths together, but thus far Emily has been quite adamant and unaccommodating in that area, and I have chosen not to push the issue.

I am thrilled that as of the last 2 weeks Lincoln has started consistently sleeping through the night--meaning he goes down around 7:00pm and I don't have to get out of bed until 7:00am. However, he is working very hard on cutting his first tooth/teeth. That has thrown a couple nights off. Thank goodness for Tylenol!

I don't know if it's teething or what, but Lincoln has been a bit of a bugger lately with eating cereal. It feels like an uphill battle to get and keep anything in his mouth a lot of days. I tried feeding him green beans and squash, but he since he's not eating cereal consistently I'm going to hold off on that for a bit longer. He has definitely figured out how to get water out of a sippy cup. It's just a matter of whether or not he swallows it. ;o)

Thanks to some leftovers from Cousin Seth, I gave Lincoln his first finger food yesterday--a Baby Mum-Mum. It's a vegetable-flavored "rice rusk". Basically, a wafer cracker that dissolves almost instantly. Lincoln liked playing with it and gnawing on it, but I'm not sure if he actually consumed it. I can't imagine it tastes very good. :op

1 comment:

Julie Ulven said...

I love his eyes! They are so big. Catching up on the blog. Congrats on potty training! Mieke flunked. The auto flush toilets at Disney freaked her out and now we are dealing with a bladder infection b/c she refused to go potty in Florida. I am giving up and letting her "get it" whenever. She won't go to school in pull-ups, that's for sure.