Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

It was a pretty quiet and relaxing Mother's Day. After a nice church service and a simple lunch, I curled up on Emily's bed to read with her while Austin repainted our bedroom. After three long original Curious George stories Emily decided she'd rather play with toys while I dozed in her bed. I tried to get her to go down for a nap for a couple hours, but finally gave up. We went for a walk with the new double stroller and of course, she fell asleep then. As you can see, the stroller isn't really designed for someone her size to fall asleep in the front seat! Her feet were dragging on the ground and I had to pull her up the driveway backwards. She was really tired, but it was too late in the day for her to be napping. It was a cranky wake-up. We eventually settled down on the couch and watched the Pella Tulip Time parade on TV. :o)

One of my favorite "mom" moments during the day is when Emily asks to be a "Mary Angel" after getting out of the bathtub. I'm not exactly sure how the whole thing got started, but it was around Christmas. She has a big, pink, hooded bath towel that completely wraps her up. She likes to do that with the hood up and then snuggles in tight on your lap while she dries off. I know it won't be too much longer before the towel won't fit her and/or she won't fit or want to fit on my lap. Plus the days of me almost always doing her bath at night are probably numbered. So I just enjoy it every chance I get. :o) Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Becky Bartlett said...

Those post bath moments are so precious. Boaz likes to be 'my little burrito.'