Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No more "meeks"!

Another rather unexpected and unplanned perk of the weekend was that Emily was completely broken from her pacifier. She has always taken a pacifier, but for the last year or so it has been confined to her crib only (while sleeping). For some reason she called it "meeks" and we never corrected it. When I put her down on Friday night she was so exhausted she went right to sleep without a peep. It wasn't until 5:00am the next morning that I realized I hadn't even gotten her pacifier out of her bag. Luckily, she was almost equally exhausted every time I put her down the rest of the weekend. She cried for "meeks" the first two times, but for less than 10 minutes. Since then she only has casually asked about it, but as soon as I say, "You're a big girl and don't need it anymore," she drops it and is fine. Yay!! I had been dreading this task and it seemed way too easy. Now if only potty training tomorrow goes as well...;o)

1 comment:

cobo said...

GOOD LUCK with the potty training tomorrow! It will be an endurance test, but think of the rewards!

YES, I'm coming for Emily's b-day and YES I can help you decorate the cake. I have all the frosting tips and colorings and stuff, we'll just have to make some frosting. Did you find any pans at the library or are you just going for a regular round or rectangle cake? Could do a round layer cake and make it into a monkey face with 2 cupcake ears? Think about it.

P.S. I changed my setting so anonymous comments are allowed now. Didn't know I had to do that, but now it should work.