Friday, September 24, 2010

Grandma week

My mom rearranged her schedule and blessed us by coming to visit for the week.  Ironically enough, I was feeling the best I've felt in a long time due to a new pain medication that is really helping with my foot pain and allowing me to sleep at night.  However, Austin was gone for several days, so I greatly enjoyed the companionship as well as the help with the kids. 

On Monday night Austin & I enjoyed a date night that included dinner at the new Sakura Japanese Steakhouse in Cedar Falls, clothes shopping at Kohl's (Austin's favorite part! ;o)) and ice cream by the river in downtown Cedar Falls.  On Wednesday I went to a MOPS meeting in Waverly without the kids.  It was very good, and I met some other moms from Waverly--including two who have kids in Emily's preschool class.  In another strange twist of irony, I won a prize for getting the most sleep the night before (8.5 hours).  I gave a disclaimer that I was drugged up (experimenting with pain med dosages), but they still gave me the fun stamp markers. :o)  I ate lunch at home and then went to Waterloo for the whole afternoon to visit people, shop and run errands.  On Friday I went to the first meeting of the year of Mom's Morning Out at our church and did some more shopping.  My mom left after lunch on Friday.

I didn't take a lot of pictures since I wasn't even home half the time, but here's one of Emily getting her hair dried after a bath.  She has never let me use a hair dryer on her before.  Grandma is special. ;o)


The next picture sums up Lincoln's favorite part of the week.  He & Grandma put a LOT of miles on the stroller.  They went out multiple times a day, often in between the rain showers and sometimes with Emily tagging along on her bike.  It's something I know Lincoln enjoys but I just have not been able to do for the last two months because of my foot problems.  I won't be able to match Grandma Boote, but I'm feeling good enough now that we'll probably be able to do more than just hobble around the block once in a while.


Thanks again to my mom for blessing us this week.  We love you!

1 comment:

Heather's Henhouse said...

It's so nice to have family around to help. I think my parents are going to take Wendelll here soon so I'm kind of looking forward to that. At least you did some fun things, good for you!