Monday, February 23, 2009

Eating Crow

So much for bragging about Emily's good behavior! While I was busy blogging about grocery shopping she was upstairs being busy, too. I heard some clunking around and knew I'd find a mess of some sort. This was the result:


We have had an understanding for a long time that some of the drawers in the bathroom are "Mommy's" and some are "Emily's" and Emily is not allowed to open Mommy's drawers. Up until this point she has been pretty good about it, but it has become her latest boundary-pushing experiment. She decided it would be fun to empty all of Mommy's drawers in the upstairs landing. This included all my neatly sorted hair accessories from last month's deep-cleaning project. :o( I think they're just going to have to find another temporary home until this phase passes. It's not a big deal because I rarely use them these days, but I'm getting tired of re-sorting them!

After making Emily help me pick everything up I sent her to her bed for "rest-time". While she was protesting I found the mess in the guest bedroom. Along with scattering all her toys and books she had taken the dried flower arrangement off of the wall above the bed and started to dismantle it. I was honestly planning to get rid of it when we made the room switch, but I wasn't happy about having to lug the vacuum cleaner upstairs after Austin just finished vacuuming everything last night! Oh well. It's my fault for leaving her unsupervised for that long. At least she's sound asleep in her bed now. I think that's my next stop, too. :o)

1 comment:

Heather's Henhouse said...

It's so nice when they entertain themselves but about 99.9% of the time they are getting into things that they shouldn't be (and eventually includes some sort of clean up from an adult) or they have their eyes glued to the t.v. If it's not one thing it's another, at least for the most part it changes every few months so we don't go totally crazy.