Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New beds

We sent the kids to Grandpa & Grandma Boote's house over Labor Day weekend so we could work on some projects at home.  It was eerily quiet for me at first.  Not only was it their first time staying in Hull without me, it was the first time I stayed home while the kids were gone. 

Of course there were many more projects than time & energy available.  Austin was still plugging away at the bathroom remodeling project (post with pictures to come when it's done).  I did some deep cleaning and painting.  The main task was the guest room/Austin's office upstairs, which will eventually become Lincoln's room.  I repainted the trim and painted the walls blue.  We switched beds and put the queen-size in Emily's room and the twin in Lincoln's.  I had purchased new bedding for each. 
Emily loves her new "big" bed.  She is especially impressed with all the pillows.  She declared, "It's big enough for three people!"  Unfortunately, the purple wall color doesn't match this set of bedding as well as the last one. :o(


This is the before/after of a corner of Lincoln's room.  The ceiling is now blue, too, because there's no good place to start/stop.  However, I'm not happy with how the blue turned out.  It's not what I was going for at all and tends to look purplish in certain light.  I'm still trying to decide whether or not to repaint it again.  There is a lot more decor and furniture to be moved into this room before it's ready for Lincoln or final pictures.


Lincoln, however, insisted on trying out the new bed tonight.  He had just finished throwing a spectacular tantrum at bath time after deciding to totally skip a nap this afternoon.  So I decided to humor him.  He lasted about 10 minutes before I went up to check on him and found him out of bed playing with the window blinds.  He decided his crib downstairs was just fine.  We're not ready to move him yet anyway.

No comments: