Saturday, November 13, 2010

A slower project week

This past week was a slower one for cleaning projects.  I had some busier days and did more regular cleaning rather than sorting/organizing.  Plus, I had to do at least one load of laundry almost every day for various reasons rather than just my normal twice weekly routine.  And there was that one day I wrote about.  But enough excuses.  The one project I did manage to do was sorting through Emily's clothes.  When she outgrows something or I need to put it out of reach because it is no longer seasonally appropriate, clothing gets thrown up onto her closet shelf.  It had reached the avalanche stage, so it was time to bring the tubs out of the attic and do some major packing up.  I also sorted through and reorganized and re-labeled all her drawers.  It's actually a little shocking how relatively small her winter wardrobe is. 

I felt pretty good about completing this much-needed task, and Emily was pretty impressed when she got home from preschool.  She now thinks that whenever she's at preschool I have to label something for her before she gets home. :o)  The most rewarding thing, though, occurred the next day at MOPS.  Emily worked on a little Thanksgiving project in the preschool room, and when she had to list what she was thankful for she put "a clean room."  *sniff*  Now if that's not motivation I don't know what is!

Funny note:  I recently purchased a new flower-themed pop-up laundry basket thing for Emily's room because her old one was falling apart.  She was so excited about it that she "filled" it with random clothes from her closet.  Unfortunately, I did not discover this until laundry day after they had been stuffed in with all the actual dirty clothes for a couple days.  So Emily's laundry pile is a little larger this time around. ;o)

Another side note:  I was ecstatic to find out that I will have my first niece in the spring and I will be able to share all the many tubs of girl clothes I have so carefully been packing away! :o)

1 comment:

Heather's Henhouse said...

Good job on keeping up with projects. I'm worn out from mine so I'm taking a break.. that might last all winter. I cleaned like a mad woman and now I have no energy left.