Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cinderella

Emily & I had a special girls outing this afternoon when we went to see the Waverly-Shell Rock High School's performance of Cinderella.  It was a great show, and I think Emily really enjoyed herself.  We even dressed up for it. :o)  Of course, there were some funny moments, too.

I knew Emily might have a little trouble seeing over people, but I didn't count on the fact that she barely weighs enough to keep the fold-up seat down.  We made it work, though. 

Emily also had some funny commentary.  When Cinderella ran off as the clock struck midnight Emily asked quite loudly, "Where is she going, Mom?"  You could hear the chuckles rippling around us.  Then when all the girls were lined up to try on the glass slipper Emily declared, "That slipper belongs to Cinderella actually."  More chuckles.

I was impressed that Emily made it through the whole show.  She did declare about 3/4 of the way through that she was done, but she was a trooper (albeit a wiggly one) and made it to the end and through the cast speeches and director thank you gifts.  When we were walking out to the parking lot I asked her if she enjoyed the show.  Her response was, "I had to be very patient.  I had to sit still for a long, long time!"

She did have a big disappointment at the end.  She had said that if she behaved during the show she would get a tissue paper project to take home.  I wasn't sure what she was talking about until we were leaving the school.  The last (and only) time we were in the high school was for the magic show this summer that included a balloon animal stand.  She remembered getting an orange balloon hat, and since that hat "died" (her words), she thought she would be getting a new one.  Oops!  I thought I'd make up for it by offering to take her to the ice cream shop.  However, we struck out there, too, because it's closed on Sunday.  So we settled for ice cream sandwiches at home. :o)

I look forward to attending more fun performances with my little princess!

3 comments:

Julie Ulven said...

I loved that show when I was a kid. They did it on tv once a year and you can still rent the video. I lived for that and the Sound of Music once a year.

Adam & Brandi said...

Looks like fun....we had the same problem with the seats last year when I took Asher to a school musical:).

Heather's Henhouse said...

What a great treat for both of you, it's fun doing special things like that.