Wednesday, November 17, 2010

4 year portraits

I got my workout in by taking the kids to the JCPenney Portrait Studio for pictures.  As has been the case lately, Emily was wonderful.  That may or may not have had something to do with the promise of going to "the new old McDonald's" in Waverly for lunch afterwards. ;o)  I had a hard time choosing.  Here are the best ones...


We also attempted to have Lincoln's 18-month pictures done.  Unfortunately, he was kind of set up for failure.  He woke up several times the night before and then for good at 7:00am.  I tried to take a long time driving to and around Waterloo in the hopes he'd snooze a little bit, but he didn't.  By 11:00am he was too tired and hungry to cooperate.  After 20 minutes of all kinds of tricks and two packages of fruit snack bribes, we gave up.  There was really only one decent shot.  However, this was kind of a blessing in disguise, because when I started picking a package I found out I couldn't use a portrait package coupon on each kid unless they came on different days for different sittings.  Since that's by the far the most cost-effective way to buy portrait pictures, it would still be cheaper to just pay for this sitting and come back another day to reshoot Lincoln than purchase portraits from the disappointing selection.  So we'll just make another trip to the mall in a couple weeks. :o)

6 comments:

Heather's Henhouse said...

Great pictures!

Heather's Henhouse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather's Henhouse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Craft said...

So beautiful!!

Adam & Brandi said...

They turned out really good....I really like them!

Julie Ulven said...

Emily is beautiful! She did a great job for the camera. I like her dress, too.