Sunday, April 18, 2010

Trip to Hull

The kids & I spent a few days in Hull with my family this past week.  It was the first trip back by myself since Lincoln was a little baby and would sleep the whole way.  The 4+ hour drive went smoothly both directions, so I'm not as nervous about doing it more often this summer.  Here are some highlights:

Emily got to ride in the big tractor with Grandpa Boote while feeding the cows.  She thought it was pretty bumpy!

The three cousins together.  Poor Ryan was having a bit of a grumpy day.  The pictures with Grandpa & Grandma didn't go so well.  Not that my kids cooperated much better.  Ahem.
Lincoln with Cousin Ryan who is 4 1/2 months younger.  Ryan has now passed Lincoln up in the weight category.  Like my sister said, it takes talent to have a roll in the middle of your forearm. ;o)  For more cute pictures of the two little boys together click here and here.

Auntie Abbie tried to get Emily to touch her nose with her tongue. :op
I also got to go to some of the city-wide garage sales with my sister, Courtney, (who scouted out the best ones before I arrived) and celebrate her birthday with the whole family.  Along with a trip to the consignment shops in Rock Valley, naps and a healthy dose of Twins baseball it was a great time! 

Side note: On the way home the kids & I stopped at McDonald's for supper and a stretch.  For better or worse, Lincoln got his first taste of a cheeseburger & fries, and he was definitely "lovin' it."  (I know I'm a terrible mom for feeding my not-yet-11-month-old greasy McDonald's, but it worked.)  I'm pretty sure he could have put away half a Happy Meal if we sat there long enough.  Also, the new Mocha Frappe was pretty good. :o)

1 comment:

Heather's Henhouse said...

Sounds like fun, almost like a mini vacation. Glad you got back and the trip went well.