Monday, March 23, 2009

Emily's New Room

The main reason my mom and sister came to visit this weekend was to paint Emily's new room. My sister is an amazing artist/designer, so she came up with a bunch of fun ideas and we just modified one a bit. We definitely went for fun and bright colors! Here's the painting progression...(can you imagine Austin's reaction?!?)



I bought the matching flower/butterfly wall decals to go with the bedding set. Courtney added her artistic touch...

I sewed a valance for the windows. You can't see it very well in this picture unless you click to zoom in, but there are white butterflies on the white fabric...

Bed put together...

Emily trying it out!

I put Emily down for a nap for the first time today in her new room. As I should have expected, it took her less than 5 minutes alone in bed to discover that the butterflies and flowers were actually stickers that could easily be peeled off the wall. She had three of them off by the time I reached her. Although I'm sure she'll test me again, I'm pretty sure she got the message of how I feel about that activity! ;o)

I figure moving into a new room is a good time to set some new ground rules and routines. Staying in bed will be one of them. I hope it will help that the bed is up against the wall (for now) with a side rail and is quite a bit higher off the ground now that it is on a bed frame with a bed skirt. We'll see.

I also have more finishing touches to put on the room, including hanging things on the wall. I hope to have a video tour posted soon with the finished product. Then it's on to reorganizing the nursery again. Only 8 weeks to go!

3 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

The room looks great!! :)

Heather's Henhouse said...

So cute! It's got me thinking about ways to decorate our new baby room. We have a few ideas but we were also thinking about looking for stickers ... I also thought about trying to paint little pictures on there, like of butterflies or lady bugs, maybe even a rainbow. We'll see.. it's hard work to decorate but it's fun to see the finished product. Hope you and Emily enjoy!

Adam & Brandi said...

Looks great Megan!