Friday, January 25, 2013

Cricut Crazy

**Yes, I am still alive and am trying really hard to catch up on the last month's worth of blog posts!**

I had never even thought about getting a Cricut machine and barely even knew what one was (let alone how to pronounce the name of it), but I was convinced to splurge and get one when my friend, Julie, found an incredible clearance deal.  I quickly learned a lot about the ins-and-outs of the machine and the never-ending list of accessories and materials that accompany it.  I have had fun playing around with it and have even felt "crafty."  It takes up a lot of time, but it's a nice little hobby/change of pace from the recent onslaught of bookwork.  It's also one of the reasons I'm so far behind blogging. :o)  It even inspired me to completely clear off Emily's disastrous art desk in the basement and reclaim part of it as my own craft desk.  So far it has worked out well.


Below is a sampling of some of my projects.  Some will be explained in more detail later.  I have lots more grand plans--especially with vinyl labels.  I hope to someday replace all the neon Post-it note labels throughout the house! :o)

No comments: