Saturday, March 10, 2012

Rice mess

The rice box, and thus the rice mess, has returned.  It happened after Lincoln decided to play digger man in the potted plant in the living room.  I figured rice on the basement floor was better than dirt on the brand new carpet, so I dug out the original container and emptied a new bag of rice I still had in the closet.  Lincoln was in heaven.  He has literally spent hours sitting in the box with his various vehicles and has had to be hauled kicking and screaming upstairs on more than one occasion.  His clothes get covered in rice dust and rice comes out of every nook and cranny and ends up all over the house.  Plus, the basement has proceeded from this...

To this...

To this...

It is currently a serious safety hazard on the slick tile, but I haven't had the mental or emotional energy to deal with it yet.  I'm working on a plan for some kind of containment solution.  Any ideas?!?

1 comment:

enbartlett said...

Hi Megan, My sister used beans/lentils instead of rice. Or I've heard of people using corn. Wouldn't necessarily keep it in the box but it would be easier to clean up. Linda B had a higher sided box (like a paper box or maybe bigger) that she used. - erin b