Sunday, March 25, 2012

House color? Vote now!

While still finishing up the new home office, we're already getting started on the next big project--painting the exterior of our house.  Austin was going to wait until May, but we found someone to spray the siding who might be ready as early as next week, so we have to pick a color!  We have already decided that all the trim is going to be white, including the porches and all the brick molding around the windows.  We will also have white gutters and downspouts.  The house color needs to look okay with the existing brick facade.  Here are the two colors in the running.  I won't tell you who picked out which color.  I realize that it's hard to tell from pictures since the coloring can be so different.  None of the pictures have been doctored using Picasa.  Please let me know ASAP your vote!
For reference, here are some pictures of the outside of our house taken when we first bought it.

6 comments:

Vander Maten said...

I vote brown.

Sarah Craft said...

Tough choice! I like green but worry it may look a little 70's-ish once it covers the whole exterior. I vote for the brown!

Adam & Brandi said...

Brown is my vote:).

Julie Ulven said...

I am with the rest, go the neutral beige. I like the green but it may not work with the brick like you want it to. A darker green maybe. Like the windmill in your background there.

Allison Mussig said...

I like the brown too!

J-D-K-G said...

Brown, Megan!