Friday, August 19, 2011

2 years + 3 months


It has been another exciting month of language explosion for Lincoln.  This time it has come in phrases.  Some of his most frequent are:
  • "Ready...set...Go!"
  • "Wow!"
  • "Oh-no!"
  • "Way up high in the clouds"
  • "Push the button"
  • "Can I try that?"
  • Whatever you said last
Other random facts about Lincoln:
  • His new favorite foods are peaches, animal crackers and "pop-eh-seh-toos" (popsicles).  
  • I had him remeasured at Emily's preschool check-up.  He's now officially 26.5 lbs. and 34.75 inches tall.  That puts him more in the 15-25 percentile, which is a jump up from the past.
  • He no longer wears a bib at all, which makes eating popsicles an extremely messy affair.  I just recently switched to Freeze Pops (Mr. Freezes, Pop-Ice, Flav-or-ice, etc.), and that seems to work much better--especially now that he figured out how to suck out the juice.  He doesn't really take bites or licks of things like popsicles, freeze pops or ice cream cones.  He just sucks on it.
  • Lincoln has mini muffins for breakfast almost every morning, so Austin calls him "Muffin Man". (Did you sing that song in kindergarten, too?!? )
  • He wants to "help" do everything, thus the phrase, "Can I try that?"  I usually oblige even though it slows down and/or makes everything more messy.
  • Lincoln is starting to have opinions and is able to more clearly express them regarding TV/DVD programming.  Emily no longer gets to have sole discretion over what shows or videos are watched.  This is rocking her world a bit.
  • His most requested books at bedtime are currently "Wheels on the Bus" "Hey, Wake Up!" "Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs" (a.k.a. "Dinosaurs Happy") and a large collection of nursery rhymes called  "My First Rhymes"(a.k.a. "Hump Dump").
Wheels on the Bus (Raffi Songs to Read)Hey! Wake Up!Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs! (Boynton on Board)

No comments: