Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sunny Saturday

It was an absolutely gorgeous day today. Austin was out door-knocking. After breakfast Emily & I went up to the playground by the new athletic complex. It has all kinds of cool slides, but Emily just played in the pea gravel for 30 min. (go figure). Then we both walked home. Emily literally walked (or ran) all but two blocks, and it's exactly a mile away! It took us 40 minutes to get home, which included a brief stop to inspect water flowing into a storm drain, but it was fun!

While Emily was napping I also worked on a little experimental project. I dug a hole in the rocks on the south slope of our backyard landscaping jungle and planted a couple hills of pumpkin seeds. I've always wanted to grow pumpkins, and I figured the most I'm out is $.99 for the packet of seeds. I'll keep you updated on the progress.

No comments: