Monday, February 6, 2012

Moving in

Austin & I have been getting ready to go on a long-anticipated vacation.  Emily knew Grandma Boote was coming to stay and was bouncing off the walls.  While I was trying to finish up some bookwork I told her to go find something to do.  For some reason she thought that Grandma would be sleeping in her bed and she would be moving into our room...


Not only was she mistaken, she was also a day too early.  I informed her that everything would need to be moved back to her room before supper or Daddy & I would have to move it into the attic for her.  Based on past experience, she knew I wasn't kidding, so the slow process began.  There was much moaning and groaning and gnashing of teeth about being "soooo tired" and "toooooo slow," and we ended up starting supper without her as she trudged the last couple loads up the stairs, but nothing had to be put in the attic. :o)

No comments: