Saturday, February 18, 2012

40 bags challenge

     
Sock drawer before
Sock drawer after








My bedroom closet and drawers are feeling quite a bit lighter after a purging binge this morning.  I couldn't stand it any longer, so I emptied my sock and underwear drawers and discarded half the contents of each.  I also removed the large bag and box of clothing items that I have been slowly purging from my wardrobe since last fall.  I still have a ways to go yet with my winter wardrobe and jewelry and then we have to go through Austin's clothes.

I was inspired partially by a blog I like to read called Clover Lane.  The writer did 40 Bags in 40 Days challenge last year for Lent and is doing it again this year.  Organizing is one thing, but purging is another.  And the more you purge, the less time and effort it takes to organize!  I probably need more help on the purging end right now.  I'm seriously contemplating joining the 40 Bags challenge.  Especially since I'm kind of already ahead. ;o)

No comments: