Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The perfect birthday...

It was my birthday yesterday (24th) and I think it ranked right up there with the best ever. In the morning Emily & I made a trip to Waterloo to stop at my Greenleaf clients. My former co-workers sang "Happy Birthday" and even got me a group card. (Maybe just b/c I brought them a homemade carrot cake. ;o) Just before noon Austin's mom and sister came all the way up from Des Moines. They took Emily & I out for lunch at The Rite Spot in Denver. Then they stayed to babysit while I had some much-needed "me" time. My first stop was at the Jiva SalonSpa in downtown Cedar Falls to spend some of my birthday gift money on the most wonderful pedicure ever. While my toenails were drying I relaxed in front of the fireplace in the spa area and read a book. Then I did some personal shopping that included a fun new pair of flip-flops. At 5:30pm I met Austin at HuHot in CF for dinner. I love that place! I haven't been that full in a long time. My only question is why would you even bother filling up with soup/salad with all the other good food?! Cheryl & Traci had to head home shortly after we got back, but Austin's brother, Tyler, came over later so Austin & I could go see The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian playing in the Sumner $.99 theater. We had to go to the late show and didn't get home until 12:30am, which is WAY past both our bedtimes, but it was worth it. The movie was awesome and it was nice to spend an evening with Austin. Thank you, thank you to everyone who made this day extra special!! :o)

2 comments:

Adam & Brandi said...

Sounds like you had an AWESOME birthday....glad you were able to take some time for yourself and with Austin!

Becky Bartlett said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sounds like a wonderful day. Mine is coming up soon... I may have to copy some of your ideaS!! :)