Saturday, March 3, 2012

Big boy bed

We finally took the plunge and moved Lincoln from his crib downstairs to a big boy bed in his new room upstairs.  I have been dreading and procrastinating this move for a long time, but it had to happen before March 21, so I made a snap decision that today was the day. 

We have had a bed with all the bedding set up in the upstairs room for months.  It was more a matter of moving other things like clothes, toys and books and Austin dismantling his work desk and reassembling it downstairs in what will be our new home office.  I decided to put very few toys in Lincoln's new room for now to try and encourage staying in bed at night & nap time.  We also moved the recliner chair from his old room to his new room, although I think the days of snuggling in it before bedtime have come to an end. :o(

Overall, the first night went well.  We did his normal bedtime routine in his room, and then he joined Emily & I for Emily's bedtime reading in her room.  Then I ended up sitting quietly in the recliner chair in his room until he fell asleep, which wasn't until 9:30pm.  He slept there all night, but was up with Emily by 6:30am the next day.

No comments: