Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mess

As everyone knows, toddlers are messy. Yesterday I caught Emily "helping" sort the laundry after I had already sorted it once. She also decided to add her blue ball and Vikings teddy bear to one of the baskets.


Today I thought it would be fun to give Emily a whole frosted cupcake instead of cutting it up into bite-sized pieces like I usually do. I was hoping for an improved performance over her birthday cake and she didn't disappoint! She thoroughly enjoyed licking off all the frosting, poking holes and then generally pulverizing the thing. I'm not sure how much she actually consumed. :o)



The funniest mess from today, though, occurred while I was taking a shower. I should note that Emily usually does just fine wandering around and entertaining herself without getting into too much trouble while I'm showering and getting ready in the morning. Today, however, I had decided to merge two large bottles of hand lotion on the counter. While one was upside-down on top of the other both pumps were on the counter. I thought they were far enough out of reach. Apparently not. In less than 5 minutes I peeked out to observe Emily waving the pumps around in the air. The sink, counter, toilet and parts of the cabinets and tile wall were covered with a smeared layer of hand lotion--not to mention Emily's shirt, pants and face. It wouldn't have been so bad except for the fact that after putting it off for quite some time, I had finally broken down and done a thorough scrubbing of the bathroom only last night. Sigh...

1 comment:

Becky Bartlett said...

ahhhh... messes. I've got them and Boaz isn't even making them yet! :) Look out. See you soon.